Wednesday, 20 August 2014

August - Me&You


Walking together, one reaching for the other, the slight squeeze of reassurance that everything is going to be okay, the reminder that he is there right next to me and I am there right next to him.

There are moments when I look back on our year and a bit of marriage, where I list the things we have gone through and wonder. Life can be incredibly harsh at times. They say troubles come in threes, it feels like we've had two lots of threes all at once. More than our fair share.

We have learned to prioritise. Some things have had to take the back seat for a while (and are still there patiently waiting) as we focus on family. I have to remind myself that it is okay to not be doing everything.

I do not know how I would have coped with the past year or so, had my Handsome Man not been at my side. I know he feels the same about me. As cheesy as it sounds and as much as I am cringing as I type it, no matter what came our way, we knew we would get through it because we had each other. We vented, we cuddled, we cried, we escaped when necessary and turned off to the rest of the world.

We prioritised us. When bad stuff comes, it is easy to forget the us, the you and me. We didn't want to forget each other, we had to come first.


dear beautiful

14 comments:

  1. And that is the perfect example of what marriage is. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pippa that is such a lovely comment. Made me smile and get all teary at the same time. Love you! x

      Delete
  2. Always prioritise your marriage and you will be just fine. Here's hoping year 2 is kinder to you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree. I really hope year two is kinder haha. We've just booked ourselves a holiday at Centre Parcs for January!

      Delete
  3. Sorry to read you've had some hard times. It's so good that you have one another to lean on during those times. Having been through some hard times ourselves, as we all go through, it's such a comfort knowing you have your partner to stand with you and comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. It really is a comfort knowing that the other person is there. You feel the things that bring them pain and you celebrate the good things together. It's the working as a team thing.

      Delete
  4. Wow this post just spoke to me. Beautifully illustrating the journey of life with a partner to share it with! I saw a meme on FB a while ago that said something like "Marriage is taking it in turns to be strong for one another" or something like that. True story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that Meme, it is so true that is how life is with a partner. Thank you for your kind words. True story indeed!

      Delete
  5. It is so hard to remember that sometime there are lots of things in life that don't really matter...not really! What matters are the things that keep us strong and the things that hold the family together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, often there are lots of external pressures to focus on the other things, the things of lesser importance.

      Delete
  6. You and your Husband sound like the perfect team. Sorry that you've had so much to deal with, I hope life calms down soon and gives you both a break! Lovely photo that sums up your post. New follow on Bloglovin too - love your header photo! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the photo in my header was taken by Emily Beale Photography. It was one of our engagement photos. I think life is calming down a little bit :)

      Delete
  7. I hope you are OK, its the hard times when you realise how lucky you are to be part of such a strong team isn't it. There are times that have been the hardest points in my life and I don't know what I would have ever done without Tom there by my side. Lovely shot too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting through ok. Thank you for your concern. I really do feel so lucky to have my Handsome man by my side. Thank you for your lovely comment xx

      Delete